On 4th MARCH, from 10am-4pm, in Sansad Marg, dharna by the ongoing movement of Tea Workers in both Darjeeling Hills-Terai-Dooars & Assam. This is jointly by CBSS (Chaaybagan Sangram Samity) and workers from Assam who are coming from various banners like Chah Mukti Sangram Samiti.
Demands framed by CBSS from Darjeeling:
◆ Fix and implement minimum wage for the tea workers of Darjeeling hills-Terai-Dooars and Assam.
◆ Reopen the closed tea gardens and pay the dues.
◆ Give land entitlements to the tea garden dwellers.
◆ Supply fully the facilities and entitlements that workers are supposed to get legally.
◆ Stop contractual and temporary recruitments.
◆ Bring changes in labour laws in favour of the workers.
◆ Stop the hoax of loss in tea sector, which is highly profitable and where productivity and burden on the workers are increasing day by day.
◆ Punish the owners who are breaking the laws, agreements or are not submitting the PF amounts and not disbursing the gratuities.
◆ Publish white paper on the financial status of the tea industry and expenses done by the owners for maintainence of the gardens.
Demands framed by CMSS in Assam:
1. Implement Plantation Labour Act 1951 & Assam Plantation Labour Rules 1956 now!
2. Implement Minimum Daily Wage of Rs.351 immediately!
3. Provide proper entitlements for dwelling and cultivation lands for all tea workers!
4. Full medical facilities in all Tea gardens!
5. Pay due arrears & fringe benefits since the wage increment in 2017!